Click here for the 2014 AKC Conformation Point Schedule for Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs
|Dec 7, 2014
||Come to the club's Holiday Party
|October 17-19, 2014
GSMDCA Western Regional hosted by GGGSMDC
in Pleasanton, CA. Join our club at
this wonderful event with lots of raffle prizes, great food, family atmosphere and more.
- Friday October 17, 2014
- 9:00a.m. in Ring #44 after 13 Tollers
39 Swissies 11-10 (12-5)-1 with 2 Awards of Merit to be given
- Noon--Welcome Party at the Amador Pavilion (Follow us back to the RV Corral in the Amador Pavilion)
Pick up your Hospitality bags
Gourmet Hot Dog Lunch
- Saturday October 18, 2014
- 9:15a.m. RING FORTY FOUR (THE North Forty)
JUDGE: Ms. Christine C. Mann
18 Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs Sweepstakes (10-8) *SPECIALTY*
6 Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs Veteran Sweepstakes (2-4) *SPECIALTY*
- 10:45a.m. RING FORTY FOUR(THE North Forty)
JUDGE: Ms. Marion Dee Ward
55 Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs 16-13-(13-5)-8 *SPECIALTY* 2 Awards of Merit
- 2:00p.m. Educational class on Nose Work by Josette Kimes NACSW, CNWI
- 4:30p.m. Happy Hour at the Saloon, Raffle, Company Store
- 5:00p.m. All-you-can-eat Spaghetti Dinner ($15 for adults/$5 for children)
- 5:45p.m. Annual Meeting
- 7:00p.m. Raffle Drawing, Photo Booth (take family photos), Saloon and Company Store
- 8:00p.m. Movie : "City Slickers" & "Ghost and the Darkness." Party til the cows come home!
- Sunday October 19, 2014
- 8:45a.m. Ring #5
4-under 6 months PUPPY Competition
- 12:30p.m. Ring 44
JUDGE: Ms. Pat Hastings
SUPPORTED ENTRY 13-11 (13-5) 1
We are looking for donations to the trophy fund for this Western Regional, Please view our list of current donors
and help us fill out the remaining categories. Click here for current donor list.
View our photo gallery from last year's regional to get a taste of this great event.
October 2013 GSMDCA Western Regional
|September 27-28, 2014
GGGSMDC End of Summer Party!Click here for full photo of completed event
Dont miss the party of the year. Here are some higlights, more to follow:
- BBQ & Overnight Camping (dry camping with your own trailer or tent but with access to the best outhouse in the state)
- Bring Your Own Beverage & Pot Luck, meat provided by the Club
- Club Meeting/Carting Demo/Vineyard Stroll/Movie Night
- 50/50 Raffle (All proceeds for our club)
- $10 per Adult. Kids Free. (All proceeds for our Club)
- Location: Paula & Jake's Place - 1309 E. Bonnes Ave, Sonoma
- located in the middle of the vinyards
|July 27, 2014
17th Annual Swiss Dog Day Afternoon
This will be a fun day
from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM at Ft. Mason featuring the Swiss Mountain Dog Breeds of Bernese,
Entlebucher, Greater Swiss, Appenzeller, as well as Saint Bernards.
Click here for more information.
|June 14, 2014
Ft Funston Walk and Talk
Join us for a very informal get together for our Swissies and their owners on
the dunes and beach of Fort Funston. We will start our walk at 10:30 a.m. near the hang glider landing area.
see this link http://goo.gl/maps/mpJFD.
Contact Rob Blits
firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the walk.
|May 10, 2014
Tropical Picnic in the Muirwood Community Park
The Club will hold a Potluck Party and Club Meeting on May 10, 2014. The club will provide wraps
and water and wading pool and flamingoes. (Its tropical. We need your attendance to adopt our revised by-laws
for the Club as the meeting in Modesto was one member short of the required 20% quorom to have a vote.
Please bring your preferred beverage and a dish to share and please
RSVP to Donna ASAP at email@example.com
- Date: May 10, 2014
- Place: Muirwood Community Park, 4701 Muirwood Dr., Pleasanton
- Time: 11:00a.m.
- The Park includes a dog run where the dogs can socialize while off-leash
|April 13, 2014
Los Gatos K9 Cancer Walk - Golden Gate Greater Swiss Mountain Dog Club team
Click here for photo gallery of our Club's day at the walk
We are having a "Walk and Talk" to benefit the Morris Animal Foundation with their canine cancer research. We are asking you
to join us on this two-mile walk as part of our team by clicking here and using the "Join Our Team" button on the linked page to register for this walk.
If you cannot make the walk please consider making a donation on behalf of our team by clicking the "Donate To Our Team" button on that same page.
- Date: April 13, 2014
- Time: 9:00a.m. Same Day Registration, 10:00a.m. Ceremony and Walk Start
- Length: 2 Miles
- Place: Vasona Lake Park, 333 Blossom Hill Rd, Los Gatos, CA
|April 5, 2014
||Our GGGSMDC 2014 Independent Specialty Show will take place Saturday evening of
April 5, 2014 at the Merced Fairgrounds in conjuction with AKC All Breed Shows on
April 5-6 by the Yosemite Kennel Club in Merced, CA. We are asking for trophy donations for our Specialty. Please
click here for a link for more information and our Trophy Donation Page
To use PayPal to pay for Barbecue and/or RV Parking please Click Here
|March 23, 2014
||Walk and Talk on March 23, 2014 Tilden Park
Place: Tilden Park - Parking lot above Steam Trains and EBMUD corporate yards
Trekker (off-leash) and I have done this hike many times and the length of the hike is 3.14 miles with
total elevation gain of 452 ft.
|January 25 - 26, 2014
||Golden Gate Kennel Club Bench Show at the Cow Palace. This show was open only to those
dogs with blue ribbons and puppies. The GGGSMDC had a great presence at the show but a number of members who wanted
to participate in the bench portion of this show could not because of the blue ribbon requirement.